Topic: Feedback in Turing Machines
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 29, 2013 12:36 AM

Graham Cooper

Re: Feedback in Turing Machines

On May 29, 1:14 pm, apoorv <skj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 6:38 am, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:

> > > Eliot's post ,which appears to be deleted, showed that a single TM , could
> > > implement feedback. However, if we put the added Requirement that the input
> > > at time t is processed with delay not exceeding A fixed time t0, then two TM
> > > s appear necessary . -Apoorv

> > If t0 - t is larger than processing time, then you wouldn't.
>
> > However for a second machine to start at time t+1 or some
> > time t0 when t0 - t is less than processing time, a second
> > machine can't wait until the output is completed, it has
> > to be processing the output as is it' coming out.

> The  machine receives external input  EI(t).It must combine this with
> the Feedback of Output EO(t-to) to create total input TI(t).This is
> then the Total  input TI(t) for the machine.Thus the Total Input
> corresponding to time t is being processed at some time t+ d. If we
> Fix d to be some acceptable time interval, then a single processor May
> not suffice.
> Second, I found that the formatting of the flow chart got disturbed.
> Just to repeat it with minimal formatting:
> Ext Input -->-----processor 1-->--Total Input->--proc 2-->---Output
>             |------<internal feedback minimal lag---<--|
> The processing with internal feedback represents internal processes
> Of the brain. The feedback loop can be active with no Ext Input or
> Visible output ( Like thinking?).A break between processor 1 and 2
> Will stop processing, between ext input and processor 1 loss of
> sensory ability; between processor 2 and output , loss of motor
> ability; and of the feedback loop , loss of thinking?
>
> -apoorv

Behaviourism is the psychological method of output being determined by
the sensory input alone.

Cognitive thinking is having an internal model and output being
independent of the sensory input.

Gave me an idea to stack the tapes to see the changes when repeating a
calculation.

e.g. a running track.

http://phpprolog.com/runner.php <<CLICK [RENDER]

could have concentric tracks as t increases to predict the position of
runners during the race.

Herc
--
http://phpPROLOG.com