Topic: LOGIC & MATHEMATICS
Replies: 96   Last Post: Jun 6, 2013 5:19 AM

namducnguyen

Re: LOGIC & MATHEMATICS

On 30/05/2013 4:54 AM, Zuhair wrote:
> On May 30, 1:15 pm, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I did; you just don't recognize it apparently: my "The reason is quite
>>> simple:" paragraph.

>>> Well, then, why don't you express infinity with purely logical
>>> symbols, for us all in the 2 fora to see? Seriously, that would
>>> be a great achievement!

>> Infinity: Exist x (0 E x & (for all y. y E x -> {y} E x))
>>
>> where E is defined as in the head post.

FOL doesn't have 'E' (as in your "{y} E x") as a logical symbol.

>> while 0 and {y} are defined as:
>>
>> 0=e(contradictory)

That's a bizarre concoction of symbols as far as FOL logical symbols
are concerned: on both sides of '=' there are _invalid_ FOL logical
symbols, namely '0' and 'e'. Iow, '0' and 'e' aren't FOL logical
symbols.

>> {y}=e{isy}
>
> a typo
> correction: {y}=e(isy)

>> Where 'contradictory' is defined as: for all x. contradictory(x) iff
>> ~x=x
>> and 'isy' is defined as: for all x. isy(x) iff x=y
>>
>> I consider the monadic symbol "e" as a "logical" symbol, also identity
>> symbol is logical.
>>
>> The above infinity is a theorem of this logic.

I did specifically specify "FOL" when I posed the challenge. Right?

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
5/26/13
Read LOGIC & MATHEMATICS