Topic: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

dpb

Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the
input

On 6/1/2013 3:13 PM, Mehdi wrote:
> Hello folks, I have an executable file (generated from a FORTRAN code)
> that I need to run from matlab. Upon execution, it asks for the path of
> the input file (C:\...Myprograms\sample.dat) and I have to enter it
> manually but I want to do this programmatically, i.e., I want matlab to
> get the input automatically and run the exe. I presume the function:
> system (C:\...Myprograms\myexecutable.exe) is supposed to do the job but
> for some reason it fails. Can anybody help me please? I'd be very grateful.

If it uses standard input, you should be able to use command line
redirection as part of the command string you submit...