Topic: I do not understand result from wolfram
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 3, 2013 5:55 AM

JT

Re: I do not understand result from wolfram

On 27 Maj, 01:57, David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On 05/26/2013 02:27 PM, Ray Vickson wrote:
>

> > On Sunday, May 5, 2013 4:57:44 PM UTC-7, JT wrote:
> >> Compare this one
>
> >>http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.49999999%3D%28%28n%2F2%29-1%29...
>
> >> n = 1.x10^8
>
> >> and this one
>
> >>http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.499999999999999999999999999999...
>
> >> n=-1?
>
> >> Is there something wrong with wolfram alpha, or can it not handle big
>
> >> numb libraries?
>
> > I have said it before and I will say it again: you need to set the default "digits" setting to a higher value. I don't think you can do in Wolfram Alpha, but you must be able to do it in Mathematica. Of course, Mathematica is the computational engine behind Wolfram Alpha, but that does not mean a non-paying Alpha user has access to all the capabilities of a paying Mathematica owner. Aloha does not want a remote user to re-set the basic Mathematica parameters in the host machine!
>
> > Exactly the same type of thing happens in Maple (and I previously showed you the output in another thread).
>
> I'd suggest trying out WIMS instead. WIMS is the
> WWW interactive multipurpose server :
>
> <http://wims.unice.fr/wims/en_home.html> .
>
> --
> 99997066781489109195113098994290469881614963208468

The gordian know is created by following a point on a circle that
rotates within a circle correct? So if i bend a thin sheet of
aluminium into a circle and also create a metal disc with a pointy
needle attached at the side of circumreference and start roling it
inside the encircling aluminium sheet, it will if we adjust the
aluminium sheets cirumcrefrerense at a certain radius form the classic
gordian knot.

Is there something about the ratio between the two circles that could
be analogy to the ^ 6666 is not the normal number of soldiers in a
Roman Legion, and its appearance in this context is interesting for
its similarity to 666, which has a diametically opposite association
as the well-known Number of the Beast in the Book of Revelation.

Is there something about area or the radius of the inner circle being
2/3 = 0.6666... in the Thebian shield, is there mathematical mysticism
within catholism?