Topic: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 6/3/13 11:52 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> Sammy, how do you think special relativity compares to Maxwell's
>> Equations, Newton's Laws, Ohm's Law, Kirchoff's Laws...

> All working tools of physics, Potter.

The issue is:

"Why are so many impressionable people,
so fixated on Relativity,

considering that overall
it wastes time, money and minds

whereas many other tools of physics
are more widely used and
have a far more POSITIVE impact on society?

Is it possible that the Mass Media
has brainwashed impressionable people
to believe that Relativity is a better "tool"?

Do you think that people
should get a reasonable rate of return
for the time, mind and money
they expend acquiring information about a "tool".

Considering that a pipe wrench is a more useful "tool"
than Relativity,

do you think that it would be a good idea for
the Mass Media to hype pipe wrenches
and for schools to have many classes
and much discussion about pipe wrenches.

It is my perception that if someone needs a "tool"
to do a job, they will find one or create one.

For example, at this time
"tools" are needed to acquire more energy
and to use energy more efficiently.

Do you think this "need" will
result in new "tools" to do the job?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk
http://tiny.im/390k

Date Subject Author
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/11/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Graham Cooper
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/7/13
Read tivirelaty
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Norbert_Paul
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tucsondrew@me.com