Topic: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Norbert_Paul

Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift

Tom Potter wrote:
> "Sam Wormley"<swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> On 6/3/13 11:52 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
>>> Sammy, how do you think special relativity compares to Maxwell's
>>> Equations, Newton's Laws, Ohm's Law, Kirchoff's Laws...

>> All working tools of physics, Potter.

> The issue is:
>
> "Why are so many impressionable people,
> so fixated on Relativity,
>
> considering that overall
> it wastes time, money and minds

Well, actually we are a clandestine sect where
c is our God and St. Albert is the prohet.

> whereas many other tools of physics
> are more widely used and
> have a far more POSITIVE impact on society?

The golden rule directly follows from relativity:
What is good and what is bad depends on the observer.
Hence, play safe when doing questionalbe things.
You are not sure if you are the oberver at the bad
side.

> Is it possible that the Mass Media
> has brainwashed impressionable people
> to believe that Relativity is a better "tool"?

No. It is not the media. We are clandestine as I
told you before.

> Do you think that people
> should get a reasonable rate of return
> for the time, mind and money
> they expend acquiring information about a "tool".

The blessings of c are our return.
A:"mc^2 = En"

> Considering that a pipe wrench is a more useful "tool"
> than Relativity,
> do you think that it would be a good idea for
> the Mass Media to hype pipe wrenches
> and for schools to have many classes
> and much discussion about pipe wrenches.

Yes, definitely! For forward for it!

But I haven't heard of, say, GPS-positioning
being adjusted by pipe-wrences. Can you be more
percise on that? How is your navigation assistant
adusted by pipe wrences? Or don't you use any?
Is such object witche's brew to you?
Besides you can easily identify members of our
sect. Everyone of us adores his navigation
assistant on his altar in his car.

> It is my perception that if someone needs a "tool"
> to do a job, they will find one or create one.

Curiosity and scientific interest is a tool, too.
It leads to other tools of yet unforseeable use.
You surely must know of Daniel C. Stillson.

> For example, at this time
> "tools" are needed to acquire more energy
> and to use energy more efficiently.
> Do you think this "need" will
> result in new "tools" to do the job?

No. You already have a pipe wrench.

> A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Who do you mean?

Date Subject Author
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/11/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Graham Cooper
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/7/13
Read tivirelaty
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/8/13
[...]
6/14/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tucsondrew@me.com