Topic: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Absolutely Vertical

Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift

On 6/8/2013 9:43 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
> An examination of history clearly shows
> that government leaders and government operatives
>
> take advantage of transient "objectives"
> and create long-lived, cancerous systems
>
> that they use to obtain and maintain power, wealth, security,
> and immunity from their errors, omissions, abuses and crimes.

if you like.
it would seem to me then appropriate that you do not wish to live
anywhere that a government is operating, since governments are
inherently hostile and poisonous organizations.
that being the case, you should probably disengage any social contract
from any nation of residence where you are at least implicitly taking
advantage of the current government.
it would seem that the most appropriate action for you to take is to
revoke your citizenship to _any_ country that features a government.

> Many wars have been waged,
> most for booty and ego,
>
> and very few for the security of the people.
>
> Witness the recent war against the Iraqi people
> that destabilized the Middle East,
> and put America into moral and economic freefall.
>
> I suggest that INDIVIDUALS and groups
> should not be able use governments to FORCE other folks
> to diminish their resources so they can
> pursuit "knowledge for its own sake".

the solution to this is to only choose to live in a nation where no
taxation is gathered for the operation of the government.

in _any_ government that accrues operational funds from taxation, then
the decision on how to allocate those resources is removed from the
individual contributor's hands.

the top nations that feature no personal taxation are
1. united arab emirates - here the government is funded by high
corporate taxes, primarily from oil companies
2. qatar - again, corporate taxes from businesses in natural gas fund
the government
3. oman - only social security taxes, but oil revenues fund the government
4. kuwait - you're probably noticing a trend here....
5. cayman islands - a tax haven known the world over, except for steep
import duties
6. bahrain - the government owns the oil fields
7. bermuda - no personal tax, just a ridiculously high cost of living,
and, oh yes, a 14% payroll tax paid by employers
8. bahamas - see cayman islands and bermuda
9. saudi arabia -- after uar, qatar, oman, kuwait, bahrain, were you
surprised?
10. brunei - what the sultan wants, the sultan buys

you will notice that neither the united states nor china appear on this
list.

so, potter, which of the above 10 seem like the appropriate place for
you to move to suit your belief system?

you may feel differently, but i honestly believe that people who
complain about their situations but are in full control of changing that
situation are sniveling boors and infantile cowards. i also believe that
those who sign onto a contract, even a social one, and then complain
about the terms of the contract after the signature, don't know the
first thing about personal responsibility.

> If an INDIVIDUAL and group
> wants to pursuit "knowledge for its own sake"
> they should have to do it with their own resources.

well, that's your opinion. in a democratic society where majority
opinion reigns, you will likely find that your minority opinion is not
heeded.

> A better system is needed than allowing
> special interest groups get Congressmen elected
> that will FORCE folks to fund the life styles
> and pursuit of "knowledge for its own sake"
> by special interest groups.
>
> I dare say that the people who use OPM
> < Other people's money>
> to pursuit "knowledge for its own sake"
>
> consume more and generate less,
> have more leisure time and security, etc.
> than migrant workers, factory and retail workers, etc.
> that are FORCED by government to pay the bill.

you might dare say that, but it'd be interesting to see if you can back
that up with any figures, rather than just spraying personal propaganda.

Date Subject Author
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/11/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Graham Cooper
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/7/13
Read tivirelaty
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Norbert_Paul
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tucsondrew@me.com