Topic: The Charlwood Fifty
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 10:24 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result

On 6/11/2013 6:37 AM, clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> For FriCAS you have listed problem #5 as both "did" and "did not".

opps, sorry, typo. Fricas "did not" do 5.

> It would be informative if you could signal non-elementary answers by
> putting the corresponding problem numbers in parentheses, say.

Sure. A quick look shows that of those solved, #5 by Rubi
and Maple had non-elementary anti-derivative (Elliptic function) in
them. This is the one Mathematica, Sage and FriCAS did not
give an answer for.

In #6,#7,#8,#9 Mathematica gave non-elementary anti-derivative (also using
Elliptic functions).

If I overlooked something, please feel free to correct, all
other anti-derivative are using elementary function as far as I
see (exp, log, radicals, trig and inverse trigs and +,-,/,*)

Here is an updated score table using your proposed notation:

1. Mathematica: did 1,2,3,4,(6),(7),(8),(9),10 did not: 5
2. Maple: did 1,2,3,4,(5),6,7,8 did not: 9,10
3. Rubi4: did 2,4,(5),6,7,8,9,10 did not: 1,3
4. Sage: did: 1,2,3,7,9 did not: 4,5,6,8,10
5. Fricas: did 1,2,3,4,6,7,10 did not: 5,8,9

ps. I moved Sage's 4 from the "did" to the "did not" since the
answer still contained another integral in it, so to be
fair to other CAS's it should have been counted as "did not".
sorry Sage :(

thanks,
--Nasser

Date Subject Author
5/23/13
Read The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/16/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/16/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/18/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
5/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Andreas Dieckmann
5/25/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/1/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/3/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/12/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty / Sage and sympy
Richard Fateman
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty and Macsyma
Richard Fateman
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty and Macsyma
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Richard Fateman
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Albert D. Rich
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Richard Fateman
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Waldek Hebisch
6/11/13