Topic: Multiplying each colum of my matrix by a constant
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jun 15, 2013 3:54 AM

dpb

Re: Multiplying each colum of my matrix by a constant

On 6/11/2013 5:30 PM, Wanderson wrote:

> I am wondering if we haven't another way to do that.
> I need to run my program several times and using this method my code is
> much slower than before. But thanks anyway, it's exactly what I needed.

Sometimes even in ML straightforward is quicker! :)

While it is a builtin function, it creates temporary of size of the
matrices to match and then also the indirect function reference may play
a small part as well.

If you need speed, the straight-ahead loop is probably as good as you're
going to do w/o a specialized mex function. (I believe there may be
some submissions on File Exchange that do, in fact, promise better
performance than bsxfun iirc)