Topic: Multiplying each colum of my matrix by a constant
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jun 15, 2013 3:54 AM

Wanderson

Re: Multiplying each colum of my matrix by a constant

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kp89gu$ooe$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 6/11/2013 5:30 PM, Wanderson wrote:
>

> > I am wondering if we haven't another way to do that.
> > I need to run my program several times and using this method my code is
> > much slower than before. But thanks anyway, it's exactly what I needed.

> Sometimes even in ML straightforward is quicker! :)
>
> While it is a builtin function, it creates temporary of size of the
> matrices to match and then also the indirect function reference may play
> a small part as well.
>
> If you need speed, the straight-ahead loop is probably as good as you're
> going to do w/o a specialized mex function. (I believe there may be
> some submissions on File Exchange that do, in fact, promise better
> performance than bsxfun iirc)
>
> --

hehe, my problem is that I am doing a program that evaluates some double integrals, calculate FFT and whanever, but I have a NECESSARY big 'FOR LOOP' inside my program to store each value of these integrals in the right place. And I didn't want to use another loop inside my huge loop rsrsrs.