Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

William Elliot

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Norbert_Paul wrote:

> Just a question.
>
> Is there any classical main-stream mathematician hanging
> around in this newsgroup? I am new to this channel and the
> postings here are, er..., quite special. Also my kill-list
> is about to spill over.

Yes, I'm here but don't post much because of a lack of serious problems.
One problem I'm struggling with is about continued fractions to eventually
show a homeomorphism between N^N and R\Q. See my previous post about
a theorem of continued fractions that I've not been able to prove but instead
from an exception to; a minor one that may be unique occurrence.

What do you know about continued fractions?
I'm better with point set topology than analysis or abstract algebra.
What currently are you trying to prove?

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
Read Mainstream Mathematics?
[...]