Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

Norbert_Paul

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

Zeit Geist wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:17:53 PM UTC-7, Norbert_Paul wrote:
>> Julio Di Egidio wrote:
>>

>>> "Norbert_Paul"<norbertpauls_spambin@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> There are plenty of serious mathematicians hanging around here, just ask
>>
>>> a serious question.
>>

>> Once a question of mine was indeed solved here some years ago.
>>
>> Currently I have no auestion. Also I usually try to solve them
>>
>> first by myself because I love problem solving. I am just
>>
>> curious what is going on here. Was expecting interesting
>>
>> discussions and now I'm disappointed.

> I ended up here while searching the web for lower level writings
> on "Non-Cantorian Set Theory." I guess the frequent occurrence of
> "Anti-Cantorian" led me here. I looked over some of the postS.
> At first I was amused, but then appalled and concerned. The crankery
> here can be quite severe, and the Internet is great for spreading
> misinformation. This site, supposedly, discusses Logic and Math.
> There are rules that need to followed. I'm a pretty easy going guy,
> but you just can't fudge logical rules.

Even if you disobey the rules of logics you mut do this in a consistent
manner. I once had the idea of developing a "Logics of Irrationalism"
and turn this into a textbook.

> Also, I have found the "Defending of the Alephs" a good way to
> excise my logical skills. Which I surely need, as you can see when
> I get brain-twisted in somebody's ridiculous fallacious idea.

Say, are you actually /reading/ these posts? I just flip through them.

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
Read Mainstream Mathematics?
Norbert_Paul
[...]