Topic: a trivial task?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jun 13, 2013 2:33 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: a trivial task?

What you say you want is inconsistent with the example you provide. If "each part of exp is separated by a [new]line, then in the example your exported file should be:

I do not
understand
this

Or did you mean to say that "each part of exp is NOT separated by a [new]line"??

On Jun 11, 2013, at 2:28 AM, Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Friends:
>
> Suppose I have a string variable, say:exp={"I do not", "understand", this"}
> I want to export this variable to a text file, so that each part of exp is separated by a line (\n). Thus I want to get:I do notunderstandthis
>
> How can I achieve this? Thanks
>
> Francisco

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305