Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:16:54 AM UTC-7, Norbert_Paul wrote:
> Zeit Geist wrote:

> >> Once a question of mine was indeed solved here some years ago.
>

> >> Currently I have no auestion. Also I usually try to solve them
>

> >> first by myself because I love problem solving. I am just
>

> >> curious what is going on here. Was expecting interesting
>

> >> discussions and now I'm disappointed.
>

> > I ended up here while searching the web for lower level writings
>
> > on "Non-Cantorian Set Theory." I guess the frequent occurrence of
>
> > "Anti-Cantorian" led me here. I looked over some of the postS.
>
> > At first I was amused, but then appalled and concerned. The crankery
>
> > here can be quite severe, and the Internet is great for spreading
>
> > misinformation. This site, supposedly, discusses Logic and Math.
>
> > There are rules that need to followed. I'm a pretty easy going guy,
>
> > but you just can't fudge logical rules.
>

> Even if you disobey the rules of logics you mut do this in a consistent
>
> manner. I once had the idea of developing a "Logics of Irrationalism"
>
> and turn this into a textbook.

Yes, but if you are working in a particular system, its best to
stick to one logic.
At least if you want useful results.
I'm am definitely not saying there is only one logic.

> > Also, I have found the "Defending of the Alephs" a good way to
>
> > excise my logical skills. Which I surely need, as you can see when
>
> > I get brain-twisted in somebody's ridiculous fallacious idea.
>

> Say, are you actually /reading/ these posts? I just flip through them.

Some I have read, some just looked at.

ZG

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
[...]