Topic: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Absolutely Vertical

Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift

On 6/11/2013 8:17 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
> The buck has to stop SOMEWHERE,
> and the question is
> WHEN the buck should be stopped
> and WHO should stop the buck?

in a democratic society, i believe that is the consensus of the majority.

> Should a single person, ( Like Bush )
> or a single gang
> ( Like the Mass Media, unions, religions, political parties, etc. )
> or the total society ( Democracy )
> be the FINAL BUCK STOPPER?
>
> No doubt there must be intermediate "buck stoppers"
> before appealing to a final authority,
> but the majority should be the FINAL BUCK STOPPER.

yes, indeed, even if the majority disagrees with a minority stance such
as the one you espouse.

and notice that, as a majority, we have agreed to a constitutional
structure by which we _elect_ people to serve for a time as our trusted
agents to act on the behalf of the majority. and if they do not do that,
then they are removed as our trusted agents and replaced.

> I suggest that rational, intelligent, moral folks
> who REALLY believe in democracy
> should use honest, factual, arguments
> to appeal to buck stoppers at ALL levels,
>
> rather than use lies, distortions, and LOGICAL FALLACIES.
>
> It would be best to have the
> summation of pleasure - pain
> for all people
>
> to be the FINAL BUCK STOPPER
> but as this is not possible at this time,
> democracy is the best choice.
>
> And the masses should not allow
> Mass Media or any individual
> or any gang to manipulate them with
> lies, distortions, and LOGICAL FALLACIES.
>
> The use of lies, distortions, and LOGICAL FALLACIES
> to manipulate buck stoppers at ALL major levels
> should be a felony.
>
> For example the people
> who used lies, distortions, and LOGICAL FALLACIES
> to manipulate America into the war against Iraq
> should be prosecuted,
>
> and the people
> who used lies, distortions, and LOGICAL FALLACIES
> to manipulate America into the Spanish-American war,
> WWI and WWII should be exposed.

Date Subject Author
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/11/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Graham Cooper
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Sam Wormley
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/6/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/7/13
Read tivirelaty
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Absolutely Vertical
6/12/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Golshifteh Farahani
6/7/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Norbert_Paul
6/8/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tom Potter
6/9/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)
6/10/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/13
Read Re: Unbeatable Relativity or Paradigm Shift
Tucsondrew@me.com