Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

On Jun 11, 6:18 pm, Rick Decker <rdec...@hamilton.edu> wrote:
> On 6/11/13 4:57 PM, Norbert_Paul wrote:
>

> > Just a question.
>
> > Is there any classical main-stream mathematician hanging
> > around in this newsgroup? I am new to this channel and the
> > postings here are, er..., quite special. Also my kill-list
> > is about to spill over.

> > NP
>
> You might tryhttp://math.stackexchange.com/

MSE is really the best for specific how-to questions, but they don't
accept much else. If your question is vague, or the discussion goes on
too long, the moderators can get quite steamed.

Despite all the crank postings here (they are quite easy to spot after
a while), sci.math and sci.logic can be a useful forum for just
getting your thoughts together on some topic -- something the MSE
moderators just won't tolerate. They might gently suggest you use
their chat room (never did like chat), or they can be quite abrupt.
Though, overall, my experience there has been very positive.

Dan

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
Read Mainstream Mathematics?
[...]