Topic: Mainstream Mathematics?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 2:07 PM

Norbert_Paul

Re: Mainstream Mathematics?

Zeit Geist wrote:
>> No. there is even a dedicated theory on errors.
>>

> I just meant that pure Mathematical theories, such
> Set Theory, Topology, Abstract Algebra and even
> Geometry and the Calculus, do not, at their basic
> levels do not use or need a theory of measurement
> and error. Of course, we can then apply those theories
> and may then need some measurement/error theory.

Actually the theory on erros /uses/ all the above
mentioned theories and is logically firm. In particular,
the rules of error propagation in algebraic (Algebra)
expressions depend on derivates (Calculus, hence Topology).
They are extensively used in practice by surveyers (Geometry).

Date Subject Author
6/11/13
Read Mainstream Mathematics?
Norbert_Paul
[...]