Topic: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Replies: 36   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 6:04 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication

Joe Niederberger posted Jun 14, 2013 12:12 AM:
> For whatever its worth, I didn't want to leave this
> thread without pointing to this work, wherein the
> Turing-brain connection is taken on directly:
>
> http://ling.umd.edu/~idsardi/728/Gallistel-King.pdf
>
> Whether or not he's correct, the preface is worth a
> look if one is interested in this topic.

Thanks, Joe - 'brain-mind' is something I am indeed in which I'm most interested (but about which I find I'm still deeply puzzled about despite years of study and thinking on it!) [Even 'structural graphics' has not helped resolve the puzzlements in my mind]. The 'Turing-brain connection', when I better understand it, is I believe what may help throw light.

Anyway, I've downloaded the entire 335 pages and shall try and read it soonest possible - the preface in particular right today.

GSC

Date Subject Author
6/3/13
Read all of math is just addition and multiplication
Donald Sauter
6/4/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Dave L. Renfro
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/4/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Michael de Villiers
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Louis Talman
6/8/13
[...]
6/9/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/14/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/9/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/10/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/10/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/17/13