Topic: The Charlwood Fifty
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 10:24 PM

Waldek Hebisch

Re: The Charlwood Fifty

clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> Waldek Hebisch schrieb:

> > Nasser M. Abbasi <nma@12000.org> wrote:

> > > If any one interested, I have screen shots from sympy up now.
> > >
> > > http://www.12000.org/my_notes/ten_hard_integrals/index.htm
> > >
> > > I used whatever my Linux installed for me via package manager, which
> > > it says it is sympy 0.7.1-rc1-3. It gave result for #10 for
> > > this version.

> > > For me, it was #5 which never finished, waited 1 hr.

> > I gave wrong number: it was #5. In fact it is still
> > runnig 2h 20min, 4.3GB RAM in use.
> >

> Better late than never :).
>
> If my information is up-to-date, Sympy claims to field a complete
> implementation the Risch procedures from Bronstein's volume 1, covering
> everything elementary but non-algebraic,

I do not think so. IIUC they started working on such thing, but
it is far from finished.

> supplemented by an
> implementation of the extended Risch-Norman heuristic (something like
> Bronsteins "Poor Man's Integrator") for cases where these procedures do
> not apply.

AFAIK this is main integration procedure.

> Sympy also claims that it can automatically convert to and
> determine the antiderivatives of Meijer G-functions.

Yes, they have such a routine.

> So, what you are suffering here must be the "extended Risch-Norman
> heuristic" mostly.

Yes, that is the Risch-Norman part. I do not know why it is
so slow. Risch-Norman heuristic (with few improvements due
to Bronstein) implemented in FriCAS is much faster. The longest
running example is #9 needing 9s. FriCAS version can only do #2.
Risch-Norman heuristic can generate quite large systems of
linear equations, for example #9 generates system of 1814
equations in 794 unknowns. FriCAS version treats algebraics
like transcendentals, which means it is expected to fail
on integrals involving algebraics. Still, properly handling
algebraics should only moderately increase size of linear
systems (and sometimes may lead to smaller system).

--
Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl

Date Subject Author
5/23/13
Read The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/16/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/16/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/17/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/18/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
5/23/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
5/24/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Andreas Dieckmann
5/25/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/1/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/3/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/6/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/8/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/12/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Nasser Abbasi
6/13/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
Waldek Hebisch
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty / Sage and sympy
Richard Fateman
6/14/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty and Macsyma
Richard Fateman
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty and Macsyma
Albert D. Rich
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Richard Fateman
6/9/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Albert D. Rich
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Richard Fateman
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
clicliclic@freenet.de
6/10/13
Read Re: The Charlwood Fifty, another Macsyma result
Waldek Hebisch
6/11/13