Topic: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Replies: 36   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 6:04 PM

kirby urner

Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
att1.html (2.0 K)

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net>wrote:

> Comparing humans directly to machines generates a lot of emotional heat,
> some of which may be good, and some counterproductive.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

I have no problem referring to the human eye, or any eye, as an "interface
device" -- similar to cables, like USB.

You have the optic nerve leading away one way, and a cable TV wire going
the other.

At the "synapse" a bright high def screen of colored pixels beams directly
into the retina, transferring what's in the cable TV wire to what's in the
optical nerve, in terms of signals about changing color patterns, other
cues we interpret.

The biological brain and solid-state TV form a continuous "organism" though
we call this "metaphoric use" because we do not regard silicon / copper /
silver etc. (the components of electronic circuits) to be "biological".
This is a figment of English. As graphene and nanotubes (which are "grown"
in the lab) invade electronics, we may come to see ourselves as
bio-mechanical, especially with "avatar identities" existing only in
Cyberia.

We are Borg-like in terms of sharing a "hive mind" (e.g Netflix). Science
fiction helps us re-shape the language.

forum -- open archive, moderated posts).

Kirby

Date Subject Author
6/3/13
Read all of math is just addition and multiplication
Donald Sauter
6/4/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Dave L. Renfro
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/4/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/5/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Michael de Villiers
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/6/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Louis Talman
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/7/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/8/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/9/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/14/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
kirby urner
6/9/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/10/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/10/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/11/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Robert Hansen
6/12/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
Joe Niederberger
6/13/13
Read Re: all of math is just addition and multiplication
GS Chandy
6/17/13