Topic: Getting the plotted data from a graph
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 6:18 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Getting the plotted data from a graph

g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi},
Frame -> True,
FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"},
ImageSize -> 2.6*72]

g1Pts = Cases[g1, Line[pts_] :> pts, Infinity];

g2 = ListLinePlot[g1Pts,
Frame -> True,
FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"},
ImageSize -> 2.6*72]

You can directly access the associated Part of g1; however, the specific
Part (position of Line) varies between plot types; whereas, locating the
Line with Cases works the same.

g1Pts ==
List @@ g1[[1, 1, 3, 2]] ==
Cases[g2, Line[pts_] :> pts, Infinity] ==
List @@ g2[[1, 2, 1, 3, 3]]

True

Bob Hanlon