Topic: Multiplication by 0: non-zero in versions 8 and 9
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 16, 2013 5:14 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Multiplication by 0: non-zero in versions 8 and 9

Use of inexact numbers produces inexact results (which can be handled with
Rationalize or Chop). Use of exact numbers produes exact results.

Times[1.23 + I 2.45, 0] // Rationalize

0

Times[1.23 + I 2.45, 0] // Chop

0