Topic: Matheology § 291
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 5:29 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 291

In article <6dbf7c2d-01e7-4eaf-9bb7-4f1ec3dc9e84@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Monday, 17 June 2013 21:46:17 UTC+2, Virgil wrote:
> > > This shows that these "proofs" are nonsense
>

> > It only proves that different sets of assumptions lead to different
> > conclusions,

> In this case the question is whether the reals can be well-ordered - and
> absolutely nothing else! A theory that says yes and no does not contribute
> soemthing of value.

But a theory, like the wild weird theory of WMytheology, that says it IS
well ordered in its usual order, contributes chaos.

> Look, when I ask what is 5 + 5? You may answer

Or I may not. Since if WM has to ask, there is not much point in
answering.

For the standard naturals, or integers, or rationals, or reals, of
complexes, or even quaternions, 5 + 5 is 10. It is only in areas like
modular arithmetic or WMYTHEOLOGY that it may be something else.

The only empty set that has a right to be considered is the success of
WM's set theory.

> Descartes once claimed that the only vacuum existing in the universe, was the
> brain of Pascal. With respect to modern set theorists, he might have even
> found some better sites.

Since WM does not appear to have a mind at all, vacuum may be the only
occupant of WM's skull.