Topic: NO HOPE FOR SPECIAL RELATIVITY
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 8:00 PM

Karl-Olav Nyberg

Re: NO HOPE FOR SPECIAL RELATIVITY

On Saturday, June 8, 2013 8:12:04 PM UTC+2, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/u/roger/PHYS10302/lecture18.pdf
>
> Roger Barlow, Professor of Particle Physics: "The Doppler effect - changes in frequencies when sources or observers are in motion - is familiar to anyone who has stood at the roadside and watched (and listened) to the cars go by. It applies to all types of wave, not just sound. (...) Moving Observer. Now suppose the source is fixed but the observer is moving towards the source, with speed v. In time t, ct/lambda waves pass a fixed point. A moving point adds another vt/lambda. So f'=(c+v)/lambda."
>

> If "in time t, ct/lambda waves pass a fixed point", and if "a moving point adds another vt/lambda", then the speed of the light waves relative to the moving observer is:
>

> c' = (lambda)(ct/lambda + vt/lambda)/t = c + v
>

> in violation of special relativity. If v is small enough, the relativistic corrections are negligible and both c'=c+v and f'=c'/lambda become exact formulas.
>

> Pentcho Valev

Hei.
You have to cosider (or understand) that you can not actually add initial speed to the speed of light. That is: the speed of light is c (a constant) in vacuum, no particle can move faster than that. This is the theory of not only Einstein. However, there are no way to actually prove it. This is the basis of natural laws; they can not be proved! If you look closely to Newtons laws, Einstein's laws can be dedused from them. Newton didn't wonder about the constant from his integration, because he could not grasp that there was energi in the matter (itself) at pont zero. Einstein did! And again, Einstein could be wrong. But today none have proven him wrong. One day that may happen, and then we have a new understanding of our universe. In the different frames, both Newton's and Einstein's theories explains the world.

KON