Topic: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Replies: 38   Last Post: Jun 21, 2013 6:16 AM

namducnguyen

Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept

On 19/06/2013 6:41 PM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 19/06/2013 8:20 AM, Alan Smaill wrote:
>> Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca> writes:

>>> As is, with your '...' being syntactically unformalized, then Yes,
>>> the followings are possible:
>>>
>>> (a) U is finite: containing only finite elements.
>>> (b) U is finite: containing also infinite elements.
>>> (c) U is infinite: containing only finite elements.
>>> (d) U is infinite: containing also infinite elements.
>>>
>>> _All_ those are the possibilities. _Which of those 4 possibilities_
>>> can you _specifically construct that one can verify_ ?

>> I am specifically *not* claiming that I can persuade you that
>> some specific structure has property (c). It is enough
>> that you admit that (c) is possible.

> Sure. As I've stated it's 1 out of 4 possibilities: so (c) is
> a possibility.
>

>>> You might have (c) in mind, but then from the unformalized and
>>> _unverifiable_ notion of (c), how could you _verify_ the existences
>>> of certain predicate and function sets, hence _verify_ as true or
>>> false the truth values of certain formulas?

>> Since you admit (c) is possible, let's consider that case.

> Sure.
>
> - In this of (c) you can _verify_ that 0, s(0), s(s(0)) are
> finite individuals, in your constructed set named "U".
>
> - In this of (c) you can _NOT verify_ x is a finite individual
> given x is in your constructed set named "U".

"In this possibility of (c)" I meant.

> Agree? If not, please refute my above by clearly _constructing a set_
> named "U", per the possibility of (c), _without_ your '...' symbol.

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
6/16/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Alan Smaill
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/17/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/19/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/19/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/20/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/20/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/21/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/21/13