Topic: Time complexity, for finding all permutations from 1 to n
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 20, 2013 5:30 AM

JT

Re: Time complexity, for finding all permutations from 1 to n

On 19 Juni, 14:14, jonas.thornv...@gmail.com wrote:
> Den onsdagen den 19:e juni 2013 kl. 11:24:28 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
>

> > I guess it is some 0(n)+x comparrisons, a linear algorithm using comparssons?
>
> > I think i have a linear algorithm that will do it without comparissons and doubles in linear time just a single swap for each new permutation table.
>
> > A setup table is needed to calculate sizes factorials and respective swap within.
>
> > Is this a known algorithm? Once the table created the algorithm run in linear swap time. The factorial table is used to find the size of the swaps.
>
> > There is no copies of tables within the linear swap, no doubles.
>
> Could someone give me a link pseudo code for the most effective known algorithm?

Here is Dirk Van der Mortels attempt not that impressive hangs up at 9
digits, of course there is much better ways. But the framework seem
ok, so maybe i can use it to compare algorithms.
How is permutations algorithm used generally, is it in gaming
industri, or is there other applications for shuffle algorithms?

I did read a post here about someone who needed it for statistical
analyse of datasamples, but i never understood what he was after,
don't you sort the samples to make statistical analyse?

I was thinking doing a webpage comparing various algorithms for
writing permutations, so if you can write some javascript code or
pseudo code can you post it here.