Topic: Geometry #24
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Randall, Rick

RE: Geometry #19
winmail.dat (3.9 K)

Should there be anything about giving points or taking away points for graphing on number 35? It says [The use of the set of axes below is optional]. Any thoughts?

Rick Randall

________________________________

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org on behalf of Lashlee, Sam
Sent: Thu 6/20/2013 10:47 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Geometry #28 secant lines

Question 28 on the geometry exam names two secant lines. However, nothing in the question states that points K, L, M and N are on the circle. We had some students who drew the diagram and put the points either inside or outside of the circle. This made the question impossible to answer. We called NYSED and were told that only one other school had called about the question. The representative said they were unwilling to change the scoring for now. Thoughts?

Sam Lashlee

Albany High School