Topic: How to remove the "0." from "0. + 1.41774i"
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 23, 2013 10:50 PM

Mike Bayville

From: Richmond, VA
Registered: 3/13/13
How to remove the "0." from "0. + 1.41774i" [Revised]

I have some to realize that I failed to describe the context of my request.

I am hope to identify or create a function, e.g., mikechop[t_], such that the argument could be a real or complex number, and if it is a complex number such as:

0. + 1.41774i

or

1.2313 x 10^(-16) + 1.41774i

the output will be:

1.41774i

otherwise it will be the real or complex number that was input.

This is for inclusion in code that I write.

Sorry for not properly describing the end use.

Humbly,

Mike