Topic: Error : Inner matrix dimensions must agree When computing the three dimensional integral.
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 11:14 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Error : Inner matrix dimensions must agree When computing the three dimensional integral.

"yolanda " <shuyiyan2012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I do appreciate your reply!
> You are right. I also checked the triplequad function detailedly
> yesterday. And as I defined, z should be a vector and then I can use the
> function triplequad.
>
> So as you said, the two matrixs don't work. Then how should I define the f
> function?
> The exponentional part of the f function is just the part of the three
> dimension
> joint Gaussian distributation as following:
>
> exp(
> ([(x-m1),(y-m2),(z-m3)]*(cov1)*[(x-m1);(y-m2);(z-m3)])./(-2) )./((sqrt(2*pi)).^3.*(sqrt(det(cov))))
> It has three matrixs operation. So how should I define?

If you need/want this to be written as an anonymous function, try using
ARRAYFUN to operate on each element of z in turn, like:

arrayfun(@(t) [1 t]*[1 2; 3 4]*[t; 1], 1:10)

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com