Topic: Which coordinates in the tetrahedron diagram?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 5:39 PM

Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz

Re: Which coordinates in the tetrahedron diagram?

In article <kqa5p6$v3s$1@news.albasani.net>,
"IV" <ivgroups@onlinehome.de> wrote:

> .... For the representation of three components, triangle diagrams (equilateral
> triangle) are used, for example in geology and chemistry. I found that there
> are two different types of such triangular diagrams: Sometimes the
> coordinates are parallels to the sides, and another time perpendicular to
> the sides. I couldn't find references in the literature....

You may get some help by searching for "trilinear coordinates" and
"barycentric coordinates".

Ken Pledger.