Topic: Matheology § 293
Replies: 44   Last Post: Jun 27, 2013 2:25 PM

Virgil

Re: WMytheology � 293

In article <aefef6af-a1f4-4c5d-9973-777b66371c3f@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> > > aleph_0 is a number in matheology, namely greater than n for every n.
>
> No objection?
>

> > > Therefore 1/|Rest(n)| is a number, namely 0. At least less than 1.
>
> No objection?
>

> > > If all natural numbers are in FISONs, then no natural number is outside
> > > of every FISON. Since the FISONs are inclusion-monotonic, the natural
> > > numbers cannot be spread over several FISONs.

> > Yes, they are spread over aleph_0 FISONs
>
> Please show two of them which are not in one and the same FISON.

For every FISON there are way more than two naturals which are not in it.

> > > Rest(n) = |N \ (F(n) U F(n-1) U ... U F(1))
> has the limit { } with cardinality 0.
>

> > Sure, once you collect all of the naturals numbers, you are left with none
> > of the natural numbers.

> Well, if all natural numbers exist and can be collected, then we have a
> sequence 0,0,0,... with "limit" oo. But that's not mathematics.

"We" meaning WM, as no one else claims such a foolish limit.

There may be such sequences within WM's wild weird world of WMytheology
having such a limit, but none in any mathematics free from its
corruption.

Besides which, in a recent posting, WM revealed in his ignorance that he
did not even know a proper definition for a limit for sequences of reals.
--

Date Subject Author
6/19/13
Read Matheology § 293