Topic: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 2, 2013 4:08 AM

b92057@yahoo.com

Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:49:42 AM UTC-7, quasi wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>

> >I took a second look at your graph information. When I say
>
> >those virtually invisible dots, I had enough to analyze the
>
> >graoh for FFS. I found one. It is vetices 1 7 8 9. Not a K4.
>

> Right, the subgraph determined by vertices 1,7,8,9 is not a
>
> K4, but it's not what you call a forced 4-set, since it's
>
> 3-colorable.
>

> As I previously noted, if a graph with 4 vertices is not
>
> 3-colorable, then it must be complete (that is, it must be
>
> isomorphic to K4).
>

> quasi

1 4 4 7
7 . 2 4 5 7
|\ . 2 5 6 7
= 3 . | \ 8 3 4 8 5
| . | \ ./| 3 5 8 6
| 0 . \/ | 3 6 9 4
| . | . \ | 4 5
| . | /.\| 4 6
2-------|--/---9 5 6
. | / .
. |/ .
1
ANALYSIS;

1. Arbitrarily assign colors initial
colors; 4=B 5=C 6=D

2. This forces 3=A & 7=A.

3. 8=B is forced by 7=A 5=C & 6=D

4. 9-C is forced by 6=D, 7=A & 8=B

5. 1=D is forced by 7=A, 8=B & 9=C

A classic example of what I call a "forced
four subset".

bill

Date Subject Author
6/18/13
Read A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
trj
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/22/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/23/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/26/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/26/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/29/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
7/1/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
7/2/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/21/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/21/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/22/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/23/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Butch Malahide
6/20/13