Topic: Matheology � 295
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 295

In article <fd67f0b1-3703-4dba-87ee-f2d61582958d@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Thursday, 27 June 2013 02:37:17 UTC+2, Zeit Geist wrote:
>

> > You can't build the infinite from a finite set of finite things.
>
> Of course I can, and many have done it before. The sequence 1, 2, 3, ... is
> infinite by induction.

But that ",,," makes it not a finite set of finite things.

> > AoI accomplishes the construction of an Infinite set. And yes, "Oh, oh,
> > it's magic"

> No. The magic only came into play when a "cardinal number" was attached to
> that set. aleph_0 is not derived from any axiom.

Without an axiom of infinity in ZF, there is no provable |N or provable
aleph_0, but with that axiom, in ZF one gets both.

> Here an unreasonable limit

It is purely WM's unreason that is at issue here.

And he has a superabundance of it.