Topic: Matheology § 295
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jun 30, 2013 3:32 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 295

On 6/27/2013 5:08 AM, mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 June 2013 11:52:27 UTC+2, fom wrote:
>

>> It is one thing to speak of "strokes-as-numerals"
>
> So did Cantor: "Da aus jedem einzelnen Elemente m, wenn man von seiner Beschaffenheit absieht, eine "Eins" wird, so ist die Kardinalzahl M selbst eine bestimmte aus lauter Einsen zusammengesetzte Menge"
> (The cardinal is a set constituted of ones.)
>

>> and mimic arguments that are in the literature.
>
> That's your main occupation.

Well, it would seem that you are back
to directing that same insult.

As with others who have relied on the
same crutch, I will state once more that
I merely establish what is in the literature.

As for originality:

I have written formal axioms.

I have thought through the difference
between Cantor and Frege (by the way, a
Cantorian "theory of ones" is not a
"strokes-as-numerals" representation of
number)

I have thought through Zermelo's discussion
of partition lattices in relation to the
axiom of choice and the distinguished elements
dictated by its use.

I have argued for topological and geometric
foundations which is precisely what Lawvere
suggests in his discussion of category-theoretic
foundations -- my representations, however, are
direct and not vague.

And the list goes on.

You choose to be ignorant of what is original
in my work.

"Society" rewards men like you, Herr Doktor.
It is a shame that you choose to not live up to
what is implied by such an address.