Topic: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Replies: 98   Last Post: Jun 30, 2013 3:22 PM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis

On Friday, June 28, 2013 2:02:23 PM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
> On Friday, June 28, 2013 1:34:49 AM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

> > On Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:54:40 PM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

> >> IF: An infinite collection of finite decimal sequences, when written in one line, makes an actually infinite collection,
>

> >> THEN: an infinite collection of finite decimal sequences written in different lines does the same.
>

> >> (Unioning over subsets cannot not extend a set.)
>

> > There is no extension there, just consolidation.
>

> Every F(n) is in some line. More cannot be consolidated.
>

> > Just like U( { FISON } ) = U( { j | 0 <= j <= n, n e N }) adds nothing new, it just puts them all in the single set N.
>

> A union over subsets cannot put more than has already been there, because for every n, there has been FISON(n) in some line. Whether you call it consolidation or else: getting more than every FISON remains matheology without mathematical foundation.

I feel great pity for you, if you can't comprehend a strictly increasing unbounded
sequence.

> > "Each child is on some bus" does not, necessarily, imply that "All children are on some bus".
>

> Here we have a different situation: Each child is in one bus together with all smaller children. Try to figure out how many buses are required respectively possible.

That just shows how much of a child you are.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
6/18/13
Read Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
fom
6/19/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
David Petry
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/19/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Peter Percival
6/19/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/19/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/19/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/21/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
David C. Ullrich
6/21/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/21/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/22/13
[...]
6/23/13
[...]
6/24/13
[...]
Read Re: WM screws up the notion of a limit!
Virgil
6/25/13
Read Re: WM screws up the notion of a limit!
Virgil
6/25/13
Read Re: WM screws up the notion of a limit!
Virgil
6/26/13
[...]
Ralf Bader
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
David C. Ullrich
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/27/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/27/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/26/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/27/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/27/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/28/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/29/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/29/13
Read Re: Joel David Hamkins on definable real numbers in analysis
Virgil
6/30/13