The Math Forum

Topic: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of y=1/x #13
Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS

Replies: 19   Last Post: Jul 2, 2013 1:43 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

#13.4 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:12:14 AM UTC-5, konyberg wrote:
> [...]

> > The trigonometry is about pi and how pi generates the trig functions in a right triangle. Trigonometry is the connecting of Euclidean with Elliptic geometry of connecting circles with right triangles.
>

> > The number "e" is the connecting of Euclidean geometry with Hyperbolic geometry. Of connecting the straightline of y = x with a straightlinecurve of y = 1/x. The function y = 1/x is a hyperbola.
>

> > The derivative of y = x is always 1. Never changes, but always 1.
>

> > The derivative of y = 1/x is always e^x produces e^x and never changes but always e^x.
>

> > In the graph of the function y = 1/x, we use only the portion of the function from x=1 to x = macroinfinity. We do not use, nor need the portion from x=0 to x =1, and the reason should be obvious, in that both portions are mirror images of one another and the one portion along the y axis asymptote is microinfinity, whereas the portion along the x-axis from x=1 to x= macroinfinity is a repeat of the other asymptote.
>

> > So, what was the pollution of Old Math, that prevented me and everyone else from understanding of what "e" is?
>

> > Well, if we take the function y =x and graph it along with y = 1/x, and now, throw away all of the graphed functions in the interval x=0 to x=1. What we have remaining is a hybrid angle. I call it a hybrid angle because one side of the angle is the straightline of y =x and the other side of the angle is the straightline curve of y = 1/x. To keep the derivative the same dy/dx for y =x is simple and easy for it is always 1. To keep the derivative the same for y = 1/x, the function has to be a low lying curve looking with such very tiny changes that the derivative stays the same value.
>

> > So here we begin to learn what "e" truly is. It is the counterpart to the derivative of Euclidean geometry that is always the same y = x has y' = 1. The derivative is always 1. So that causes the inverse of y = x the function y = 1/x to have a special number so that its derivative is always the same, always "e". It cannot be pi, for pi forms a closed straightlinecurve and is not even a function as a closed curve. It has to be a open curve and thus a new and special number, that of "e".
>

> > --
>

> > More than 90 percent of AP's posts are missing in the Google ?newsgroups author search archive from May 2012 to May 2013. Drexel ?University's Math Forum has done a far better job and many of those ?missing Google posts can be seen here:
>

> > http://mathforum.org/kb/profile.jspa?userID=499986
>

> > Archimedes Plutonium ?
>

> > http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium ?
>

> > whole entire Universe is just one big atom ?
>

> > where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
>

> Hi.
>

> Where did you learn your math?
>

> I have learned that if y = 1/x, then y' = -1/x^2 and not e^x as you think.
>
> Where do you get it from? You are a hilarious math guy :)

I said as much in earlier posts that y = 1/x has derivative y' = -x^-2, from the Power formula or Antiderivative. I suppose you are Scandinavian and English is not your first language, but then again
most English speaking people have a difficult time of understanding what I write.

In the above post that you replied to, I was making the comment that the derivative of e^x is a constant e^x, not that the derivative of y = 1/x was e^x but that all derivatives of e^x produced another e^x.

Now how many inverses or Reverses do we have with the function y =1/x?

This is an excellent but very difficult question.

First off we have the Reverses of

(1) y = x is the reverse of y = 1/x

(2) the branch of y = 1/x from x=0 to x=1 is a reverse of the branch of x=1 to x = infinity borderline

(3) the integral of y = 1/x for x=1 to x = infinity is a reverse of the exponential function

It is good that you point out what you do not understand in my writing so that I make it clear, even for students of a foreign language.

But I need the function y = 1/x for it confuses not only students of mathematics but it confuses and defies professors of mathematics with their phony limit concept. To give an example, in the 10 Grid system graphing some plotted points.

Note: negative sign in y'= -x^-2 is not needed for it only tells us the orientation of the derivative.

(.1,10) and (.2,5) and (.3, 3.3) = dy/dx = 6.7/.2 = 33.5 whereas x^-2 delivers 25

(.3,3.3) and (.4,2.5) and (.5, 2) = dy/dx = 1.3/.2 = 6.5 whereas x^-2 delivers 6.2

(.9,1.1) and (1.0,1.0) and (1.1, .9) = dy/dx = .8/.2 = 4 whereas x^-2 delivers 1

(1.1,.9) and (1.2, .8) and (1.3, .7) = dy/dx = .2/.2 = 1 whereas x^-2 delivers 0.6

(2.9,.3) and (3.0, .3) and (3.1, .3) = dy/dx = 0/.2 = 0 whereas x^-2 delivers 0.1

Now I admit that as we go further out from x=3 that the derivative is better behaving and approaching
a flat slope for which it is rather in tune to the formula x^-2, but seldom is the formula much in agreement with the dy/dx, especially when x is in the interval x=0 to x=1.

So I need this function to show how bad a derivative is in Old Math, and how the limit concept is a foolish nonsense.

Why is it so imprecise? Why is the limit and the derivative not matching the reality?

It is because there are no curves in Euclidean Geometry, and that the graph of any function is built from straightline segments. In the case of y = 1/x in the 10^603 Grid, the true derivative is a dx of 1*10^-603 and the dy is a straightline segment of that cell. The Power formula that gives y' = -x^-2 gets closer and closer to the derivative as the Grids get closer to 10^603 Grid.

AP

Date Subject Author
6/29/13
Read Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of y=1/x #13
Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
6/30/13
Read 13.1 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of
y=1/x #13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
6/30/13
Read 13.2 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of
y=1/x #13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
6/30/13
Read Re: 13.2 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral
of y=1/x #13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
Karl-Olav Nyberg
[...]
Read Re: 13.1 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral
of y=1/x #13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
Karl-Olav Nyberg
6/30/13
Read Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of y=1/x
#13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
#13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
Karl-Olav Nyberg
6/30/13
Read #13.4 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of
y=1/x #13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/1/13
Read #13.5 Re: Number "e" and Straightlinecurves; derivative & integral of
y=1/x Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/1/13
Read #13.6 all functions are now continuous in New Math; Uni-textbook 6th
ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/1/13
Read #13.7 all functions are now continuous in New Math; Uni-textbook 6th
ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/1/13
Read #13.8 why infinity borderline must be a 1 with a lot of zeroes
following; Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/2/13
Read #13.9 comments on the direction of this text; Uni-textbook 6th
ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/2/13
Read #13.91 No curves in the Maxwell Equations, just tiny straightlines;
#13 Uni-textbook 6th ed.:TRUE CALCULUS
Karl-Olav Nyberg