Topic: Syzygy module computation
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 1, 2013 5:43 AM

Daniel Lichtblau

Re: Syzygy module computation

On Friday, June 28, 2013 2:49:21 AM UTC-5, Marko Petkov=C5=A1ek wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I wish to compute the first syzygy module of a finitely generated module over a polynomial ring over a field. Is there a Mathematica package available that does this? I am aware of Singular.m which is an interface to Singular, but I am looking for a standalone Mathematica package.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> --Marko

Marko,

There is code to find the conversion matrix in the thread found by the below URL. It is set up to work on polynomial ideals by embedding in a module, so one would need to do a bit more work to enlarge that with a separate set of generators.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2011/Mar/msg00362.html

It also will give the syzygy matrix. Just use the rows for which the first column entry is zero (if I remember correctly how I set it up).

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research