Topic: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 2, 2013 4:08 AM

b92057@yahoo.com

Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.

On Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:06:44 AM UTC-7, quasi wrote:
> >quasi wrote:

> >> Sure, that would be nice.

> >> But you _will_ be expected to give a rigorous mathematical
>
> >> definition of forced sets. You previously said you couldn't
>
> >> do that.
>

> >Give me the mathematical definition of an impasse and
>
> >I will try to adopt it to include forced sets.

> >> If you can't define forced sets in a way that others can
>
> >> understand, there's not much chance that anyone would be
>
> >> able to follow a proposed proof of yours of the 4CT.
>

> >Can you accept this definition?
>

> >Consider;
>

> >Impasse. A difficulty encountered in the attempted
>
> > four coloring of a graph.
>

> >Type I " An impasse that is created by the presence of a
>
> >vertex adjacent to four other vertices, each of which has an
>
> >assigned color that is different from the assigned color any
>
> > of the three other vertices".
>

> >Type II "All other impasses."
>

> No, I don't view that as an acceptable definition.
>

> It appears your concept of a forced 5-set in a graph G is a
>
> set of 5 vertices, S = {a,b,c,d,e} say, such that
>

> (1) Not all vertices of S are adjacent.
>

> (2) One of the vertices of S, e say, is adjacent to the other 4.
>

> (3) Vertices a,b,c,d have already somehow been forced to have
>
> 4 distinct colors.
>

> My objection is to property (3). It's not clear what it means.
>

> quasi

I hope I finally understand. Tho vertices in 3 are not
"forced". Their colors are arbitrarily assigned by the creator of the graph.

bill

Date Subject Author
6/18/13
Read A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/18/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
trj
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/22/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/23/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/25/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/26/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/26/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/27/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/28/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/29/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
7/1/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
7/2/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Tucsondrew@me.com
6/21/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/21/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/22/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/23/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/19/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
b92057@yahoo.com
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
quasi
6/20/13
Read Re: A New Graph Coloring Conjecture.
Butch Malahide
6/20/13