Topic: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jul 12, 2013 11:58 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers

Richard Strausz posted Jun 27, 2013 7:16 PM:
> Under the headings of 'discipline' and 'the first day
> of school', I recommend new teachers look at the
> writings of Harry Wong. Here is a link to his most
> famous book:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/First-Days-School-Effective-Teac
> her/dp/0976423316/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=13723
> 40708&sr=1-1&keywords=harry+wong

I have taken a careful look inside the book (Contents; First Pages). Seems to be sound in its approach and suggestions. I have some reservations, however: the book has not gone beyond the conventional "how-to", which seems to be a pity, because Mr (and Mrs) Wong do seem to have most of the right ideas. (NOTE: My reservations are obviously based on an inadequate understanding of the book's contents).

No, I do not plan to purchase the book, US $ 25- appears to be too steep for me, as I'm not even a teacher!!

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
6/23/13
Read Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Jerry P. Becker
6/24/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
6/25/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
6/25/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
GS Chandy
6/27/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/2/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/2/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
kirby urner
7/3/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
GS Chandy
7/9/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Robert Hansen
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Wayne Bishop
7/9/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/12/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Robert Hansen
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Wayne Bishop
7/10/13
Read Re: Invitation to contribute to book for beginning teachers
Richard Strausz
7/11/13
[...]
r!chard tchen
7/12/13