Topic: Question Using Regexpi
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jul 8, 2013 10:35 AM

dpb

Re: Question Using Regexpi

On 7/3/2013 9:39 AM, Kevin Ellis wrote:

> I have a fairly easy question. I want to match numbers that occur ONLY
> at the end of a string. For example, I have the following string:
>
> String = 'NR1 MGT - 61 HOURS'
>
> I have written the following code to pull out the number '61' using the
> '$' to try to match the number at the end of the string:

But the number _isn't_ at the end of the string--the character string
'HOURS' is at the end.

I'm no regexp user but '$' doesn't return the last occurrence of a match
in a strung but the match _followed_immediately_ by the \n sequence.

You need a search from the end to then find the first full word that is
numeric it would appear. I don't know enough regexp otomh to do it on
the fly, sorry...but as you've discovered '$' isn't that.