Topic: Question Using Regexpi
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jul 8, 2013 10:35 AM

Doug Schwarz

Re: Question Using Regexpi

In article <kr1ime$b3c$1@speranza.aioe.org>, dpb <none@non.net> wrote:

> On 7/3/2013 10:32 AM, dpb wrote:

> > I'm no regexp user but '$' doesn't return the last occurrence of a match
> > in a strung but the match _followed_immediately_ by the \n sequence.
> >
> > You need a search from the end to then find the first full word that is
> > numeric it would appear. I don't know enough regexp otomh to do it on
> > the fly, sorry...but as you've discovered '$' isn't that.

> One would think that
> regexp(String,'<\\d\>','match')
> would find a word containing only digits but it doesn't succeed,
> either... :(

Your idea is sound, but you have the RE wrong. The beginning of a word
anchor is '\<', not '<\'. Also, to match 1 or more contiguous digits
use '\d+'. So the final expression is '\<\d+\>' which does what you

Doug Schwarz
Make obvious changes to get real email address.