Topic: Question Using Regexpi
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jul 8, 2013 10:35 AM

dpb

Re: Question Using Regexpi

On 7/3/2013 1:16 PM, Kevin Ellis wrote:

> Thanks for the help. Both solutions work great. I would have never
> figured it out without everyone's help. I think regexpi works great for
> easy applications, but when things become more complicated the more I
> struggle with it.

RE is a whole other language and one has to learn the syntax to make
effective use of it. As noted, I've not attempted to do so which is
only a remnant of my having not been willing to spend the time to do it
(compounded by what I did learn some of was that built into the old
Brief programmers' editor which is close but not quite the same so
syntactic tidbits I do recall often aren't quite right, either).

The only real complaint against regexp for complicated expressions and
large problem sets is that it can become a bottleneck...