Topic: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jul 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?

From a PBS thing I saw the other night, apparently even Juilliard
credentials turn out to be mostly a labor of love. Ridiculously
small chances of getting full-time employment in the industry and
probably not even part-time at the performance level. Maybe private teaching.

Wayne

At 02:35 PM 7/3/2013, Bob Hansen wrote:
>You're kidding right? Each of us here must know a few dozen people.
>I don't recall very many of those dozens playing instruments.,
>According to your numbers music stores would be viable. The sad
>reality is that they are a labor of love by the owner(s).
>Although, a labor of love is certainly not sad, but I when they close it is.
>
>My statement stands. Music is as rare as mathematics.
>
>Bob Hansen
>
>On Jul 3, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Of course they do, that's obvious. You'll have to state *your*
> peculiar standards to make some twisted case that it ain't so.

Date Subject Author
6/28/13
Read Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
stefen
7/1/13
[...]
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Louis Talman
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/13
[...]
Anna Roys
[...]