Topic: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jul 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?

On Jul 3, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> R Hansen says:
>> According to your numbers music stores would be viable.
>
> Nonsense. By your non-logic, same might be said for book stores. Reading is rare? I don't think so.
>
> Anyway, I think music stores are far more common than book stores. Within 10 miles of where I live there are multiple music stores. I get the sense you don't live anywhere near either coast, or else you don't look around enough. If you are not interested in something, it may as well disappear. If you are, the world can seem full of
> that thing. You may even know people who can play, but perhaps you aren't aware of the fact.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

I play the piano, I live on the east coast, and I go to music stores. I estimate that roughly 5% of the population actively plays an instrument. Cheer up, that is still millions and millions of people across the whole country.:)

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
6/28/13
Read Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
stefen
7/1/13
[...]
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Louis Talman
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/13
[...]
Anna Roys
[...]