Topic: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Replies: 52   Last Post: Jul 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?

On Jul 3, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> R Hansen says:
>> So out of a random sample of 100 people, how many people are you suggesting play an instrument?
>
> Read the census data. Don't like that, make up your own number. (And, I was probably being conservative in my estimates of people I know personally.)
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

What census data? And I wasn't talking about how many people you know that play an instrument. I asked you "How many people out of a random sample of 100 play an instrument?"

You are talking like you have a number in mind. A number much larger than my estimate of 5%. I just want to know what that number is. I would say anything over 10% would look pretty silly.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
6/28/13
Read Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
6/28/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/29/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
6/30/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
stefen
7/1/13
[...]
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/2/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Louis Talman
7/3/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/13
[...]
Anna Roys
[...]