Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

"Nasser M. Abbasi" schrieb:

> Added Rubi4 results also.
> (just changed Integrate to Int after loading Rubi4 package).
>
> 5 integrals did not simplify to zero when compared
> to the book result. May be Mathematica just could not analytically
> simplify the difference to zero. I do not know. These were not
> constant differerence but a function of x.
>
> Two integrals were not done by Rubi (10 and 11 from chapter 7).
>
> Results are posted here
>
> http://12000.org/my_notes/timofeev_integrals/index.htm

The five integrals for which Rubi's evaluation does not simply differ
from the 'model' result by a constant (including zero) are numbers 1, 6,
9, and 12 from Chapter 3, and number 6 from Chapter 7. The differences
found in Chapter 3 are just piecewise constants that jump at poles of
the antiderivatives - this is entirely acceptable. However, it looks
like example 6 from Chapter 7 is left unevaluated by Rubi. Am I right?

I am not much surprised by Rubi's failure on numbers 10 and 11 from
Chapter 7; Derive 6.10 cannot do them either. It may be acceptable to do
nothing about this, I think.

Martin.

PS: Note that the 'model' results in my Derive files may not always be
identical (or equal or equivalent) to the results given in Timofeev's
book. In some cases, the integrands and/or results had to be corrected
for misprints or mistakes. I may also have 'continuitized' some of the
evaluations (effectively adding piecewise constants to make them
continuous on the real axis).

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de