Topic: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jul 7, 2013 9:03 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?

Robert Hansen posted Jul 6, 2013 7:33 AM (GSC's remarks follow):

> On Jul 5, 2013, at 9:09 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I recall that you had in another post expressed the
> possibility that some of us - in comparison to
> 'ordinary human beings', I presume - may be 'mutants'
> of sorts (in regard to our abilities of 'getting' and
> 'not-getting' certain subtleties of thinking). To
> which I had responded, "X-MEN FOREVER!" (words to
> that effect). If you are correct in your premise and
> arguments, this may well be an idea worth exploring
> for yourself and others who think like you. I must
> confess that I'm not much 'in tune' with this line of
> thinking: frankly, it truly repels me.
>
> I wasn't including you in the group of mutants, so
> please, don't feel repelled. Us mutants will continue
> to communicate with each other using encrypted prose.
> And I am heavily exploring the concept and a paper
> may come of it, but you will claim that it to is
> encrypted, not because it is, but because it doesn't
> say what you want to hear.

Right! X-MEN FOREVER!

GSC

Date Subject Author
7/4/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Clyde Greeno
7/4/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/4/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
7/4/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
7/4/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Louis Talman
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
GS Chandy
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Joe Niederberger
7/5/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/6/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of
logic?
Wayne Bishop
7/6/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/6/13
Read Re: Is logic part of mathematics - or is mathematics part of logic?
Robert Hansen
7/7/13
[...]
Jonathan Crabtree
7/5/13