Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 2:53 PM

LudovicoVan

From: London
Registered: 2/8/08
Re: Matheology § 300

"Zeit Geist" <tucsondrew@me.com> wrote in message
news:474a03d7-8d54-4309-92a4-62438801b04b@googlegroups.com...
> On Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:26:34 AM UTC-7, Julio Di Egidio wrote:
>> "Zeit Geist" <tucsondrew@me.com> wrote in message

>> > You mean the Urn where every marble is eventually removed,
>> > and at Noon the Urn is empty?

>> That's indeed a patent logical invalidity, already enough to warrant a
>> revision of standard set theory.

> Start with an Empty Urn.
> At t = 0, add marbles labeled 1 and 2.
> At t = 1/2, remove 1, and add 3 and 4.
> At t = 3/4 = 1 - 1/4, remove 2 and add 5 and 6
>
> In general;
> At t = ( 1 - 1/( 2 ^ n ) )remove marble n,
> and add marbles 2n + 1 and 2n + 2.
>
> You can, easily, use those equations to
> find times, t_a and t_r, when any marble is
> added and removed.

Indeed, as well as use them to calculate a limit.

> Now, this entire things seems logically invalid,
> And IS paradoxical. However, the logic is fine.

You are an idiot: it's the conclusion that I am questioning, not the
definitions.

> If you answer "Yes" to those three questions,
> then "At t = 1, the Urn is Empty." Is Logically Valid.

Of course I would not answer yes to those questions: the rule is 2 in for
each 1 out, so you cannot end up empty by any logic that is a logic.

> If you don't believe that we can Mathematically divide
> an interval in half infinitely many time, or have All Natural
> Numbers, then you had better re-read all of WM's post;
> because everything he says follows from that.

WM does not use logic, but you do not appear very much to the point either.

Julio