Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 300

In article <4172ffdd-202b-4df0-9cda-b13bd2f1ec2f@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Saturday, 6 July 2013 23:59:55 UTC+2, fom wrote:
>

> > No statement has been falsified before it is expressed.
>
> Just yours has been wrong before you wrote it already.
> Another example: There cannot be a flase statement."
>

> > You engage in a search for statements that cannot be falsified.
>
> False. As a physicist I engaged in a search for statements that hopefully
> will not be falsified.

One hardly expects anyone as incompetent as WM in mathematics to be any
less incompetent in physics, but miracles may sometimes occur.

In mathematics, every truth is ultimately of the form "If...,then...".
I.e., its consequences depend on its assumptions.

When WM presumes true what standard mathematics presumes false, and
vice versa, WM is in no position to dictate what standard mathematics
can and does deduce.