Topic: Matheology § 300
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jul 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology § 300

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 3:32:50 PM UTC-7, Julio Di Egidio wrote:

> No, that is not what I have said. Take a few good breaths before you try
>
> again reading, but be aware that understanding my statement may blow your
>
> mind. A man warned is half saved...

This is what you said

""Zeit Geist" <tucso...@me.com> wrote in message
> On Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:59:23 AM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

>> The old story of the marbles in the urn. In the limit the urn is empty
>> but the limit of number of marbles is infinite. If limits have to be
>> calculated by the finite terms, like in mathematics,then this is a
>> contradiction.

> You mean the Urn where every marble is eventually removed,
> and at Noon the Urn is empty?

That's indeed a patent logical invalidity, already enough to warrant a
revision of standard set theory.

Julio"

And you response is incorrect.

And
"That conclusion is patently illogical: at that very time t_n, 2 more marbles
get in.

Julio"

Which is treating the infinite just as the finite.

> Julio

ZG